#SootinClaimon.Com : ขอบคุณแหล่งข้อมูล : หนังสือพิมพ์ The Nation.
Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha congratulated Thailand national football team for winning its sixth AFF Championship, government spokesman Thanakorn Wangboonkongchana said on Saturday.
This move came after Thailand beat Indonesia 6-2 in the AFF Championship finals on Saturday, bringing home a victory as a New Year’s gift for Thai people. This is the sixth time that Thailand has won the championship.
“Prayut thanked Thailand national football team for their effort to secure AFF Championship, Thanakorn said. “The premier also believed that the team would obtain more victories in the future.”
Separately, Thailand national football team has received cash prizes totalling 46 million baht:
- 10 million baht from Football Association of Thailand president Somyot Poompanmoung
- 26 million baht from the team manager Nualphan Lamsam and sponsors
- 10 million baht from Asean Football Federation
The Thailand national football team will board Thai Smile Airways’ charter flight WE8703 from Singapore’s Changi Airport to Thailand’s Suvarnabhumi Airport on Sunday afternoon.
The AFF Championship has been held every two years since 1996 scheduled to be in the even-numbered year, except for 2007, and 2020 which was postponed to 2021 due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic.
- Thailand wins its 6th AFF Championship
- Kawin Thamsatchanan plays for his late father
- Thailand enters AFF Championship finals despite a draw with Vietnam
Published : January 02, 2022
By : THE NATION