#SootinClaimon.Com : ขอบคุณแหล่งข้อมูล : หนังสือพิมพ์ The Nation.
Thailand offers extra incentives to foreign filmmakers
The pandemic has hit Thailand’s tourism sector very badly, with revenue plummeting sharply from the lack of foreign tourists.
However, the country has managed to generate 1.21 billion baht from 31 foreign films made in the country from January to April.
On Friday, the Department of Tourism revised the eligibility requirements for foreign filmmakers in Thailand and is now offering them up to 20 per cent cash rebate.
To be eligible for the rebate, foreign filmmakers and crew should have:
• Received permission from the department to make films in Thailand;
• Should be spending at least 50 million baht on Thai-registered businesses and individuals.
Eligible filmmakers and crew will get an extra rebate if they can do any of the following:
• Employ Thais in key creative positions and as crew;
• Represent Thailand in a positive manner;
• Promote local destinations in line with the Department of Tourism’s policy;
• Spend at least 100 million baht in Thailand and commence production before December 31, 2022.
The department is in the process of welcoming three filmmakers and crew to produce films in Thailand, with the expectation of generating 200 million to 500 million baht per film.
Published : June 07, 2021
By : The Nation